Want to know more about our policies? Scroll through the page or click on the links below to skip to the information you need.
The McIver’s Grant Public Library is dedicated to strengthening our community by providing free and equal access to information and knowledge to people of all ages, interests, and abilities with fairness and equality. We take a personal interest in ensuring that a full range of materials and services are provided in an inviting, convenient, and responsible manner.
Library Card Application and Process
To obtain a library card, a person must complete and sign a Library Card Application form, which can be obtained at the circulation Desk. All information on the application form will be authenticated and entered into the library’s Verso circulation system by library staff.
- If a patron’s library card is lost, stolen, or damaged, the patron may receive a free second card. There will be a fee of $2.00 for any cards obtained after that time.
- On an annual basis, the Verso circulation system will notify staff with a pop-up message as a reminder that it is time to update the patron’s telephone and address information. The patron will need to update his contact information before borrowing additional library materials.
- To check out library materials, a patron must:
- Present his current library card at the Circulation Desk
- Be in good standing with the library, owing fewer than $5.00 in fines and fees.
- For item renewals and reservations placed over the phone, staff should verify the caller’s identity by asking the caller to confirm his contact information.
For more information about who is eligible a library card, what materials we provide access to, and our Interlibrary Loan (ILL policy), please visit the Eligibility for Use of Library Services page.
Love the library? Want to see it continue to grow? If you would like to contribute to the Dyersburg Dyer County Public Library Foundation, please click the button below to donate.
Honor or Memorialize a Loved One
Honoring a loved one is just one click away! Memorialize or honor a loved one with a brick in McIver’s Grant Public Library’s Learning Garden.
Want to know the latest happenings at the library? Join our mailing list below.